Trip Tips Getting Here
By Car, Truck or RV
By car, truck or RV, if you’re coming from Anchorage you’ll travel 126 gorgeous miles along Turnagain Arm and the scenic Seward Highway, through mountain passes and by icy, blue-green meltwater lakes. Be sure to watch for wildlife along the way.
Seward Windsong Lodge is located at mile 0.5 Exit Glacier Road, two miles north of the Seward Small Boat Harbor.
- Travel south from Anchorage on the Seward Highway to Milepost 3.7
- Turn right onto Exit Glacier / Herman Leirer Road.
- Continue ½ mile to Seward Windsong Lodge.
- The first and second drive both go to Seward Windsong Lodge.
- Resurrection Roadhouse Restaurant is the next turn at .7 miles.
Road Construction Update
As a result of construction from Mile 75 - 50 on the Seward Highway, be alert to lane restrictions, gravel surfaces, and flagging operations for the following schedule:
- May 11 - October 31, 2015,
- Monday - Thursday
- 8: 30 a.m. - as late as 10:00 p.m.
- Expect 10 - 12 minute delays
- Expect construction flaggers and possibly pilot cars
We encourage drivers to use caution when approaching and traveling through work zones. Contact Alaska DOT at 907-269-0780 for any questions about this project. Drive safe!